Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Night Outings

"It's the end of the world as we know it. And I feel fine."
-End of the World, R.E.M.

And this is how I know that I'm over it:

At two o clock this morning Coffee called me.

Two o clock is the time of night when everyone's defenses are down. And mine were a little blurry.

So we talked and talked and he asked me out for food.

I agreed.

When I met him, I wasn't feeling anything. I think because I was tired [and a little numb] I had no expectations or pretenses or any of those weird social barriers that I put up with other people.

And so we hung out, and we were just two people talking about nothing, just enjoying each others company.

I had forgotten how cool it was to hang out with him and just talk.

I didn't have any leftover feelings of anger, resentment or whatever. There was nothing and that really surprised me, because as you so obviously know it wasn't that long ago that he was helping me make myself into a weeping mess.

As day broke, he asked "Do you have to go?" and I just laughed and waved goodbye.

No regrets, no issues, no ache. It's all gone. When I wake up I feel it's going to be an exceptionally pretty day.

No comments:

 
/>