Monday, March 30, 2009

Daydreams and dreams

My subconscious is [slightly] out of whack lately, so I sleep badly and I dream constantly.

He was driving and I was sitting in the passenger seat and I turned to him and asked
"Are you over me yet?"
"Yes."
[Pause]
"Are you happy?"
"Yes."

And then I woke up. If I didn't know better I'd think my brain was trying to tell me something.

...

"It's just that everywhere I go all the buildings know your name.. steel and granite reminders"

...

Today I received a smile. There was never a smile like that before. It was literally the most dazzling smile I've ever seen. [Chrissy interrupts and says "Was it directed at you?" "Yes."]. I've seen nice smiles and I've seen good smiles but it was never ever like that- it was dazzling, infectious and warm all at the same time- I just had to smile back and I think I must've stood there for a full minute grinning like a doofus. A christmas present of a smile. I had to wonder what it would be like to be on the receiving end of one of those everyday.

...

No comments:

 
/>