Monday, March 30, 2009

Things not to do in the car

I was driving down Epping Road, Epping Road is a giant four lane freeway which for reasons unexplained merges into one lane. So I got stuck behind a pretty old school convertible driving at speeds of 30km/h. An open top convertible driving at 30km/h. Seriously, I presume that if I ever bought a convertible you would never see me again- just the blur where the car and I used to be.

Anyway I wasn't in too big of a hurry but I was wondering why the guy was driving like a zombie on valium. I was daydreaming [you would daydream too- driving so slowly] when I saw this blonde head rise from the passenger seat and ping. The penny, it dropped.

In an open air convertible? are you people crazy? Lucky it's a one lane road and no-one else can drive by with a complete view of your wang wang. At least put the top up!

--

I mentioned this story to Campbell [the outrage! Won't someone think of the children?!] and she just laughed and said she did it all the time.
I gave her a look and said what. What for?
"Oh John and I did it in America, when we were driving. I was bored and running out of things to do in the car. It just came up."
"Omg. Talk. Play games. Something."
" I Spy was boring and John didn't want to play it"
"I'll bet if that was the other option!"

At this point another workmate who had been listening pipes up "maybe he could do it for you in return!.. I don't know how that would work though... might be a bit awkward.."

"He would sit his head on the steering wheel when you brake! And omg. Can we stop talking about this? I need to go wash my brain from all these images. I was just trying to express my outrage! "

No comments:

 
/>