Sunday, March 15, 2009

So cool

So I bought a can of soft drink as I was leaving work- and I opened it not thinking about my drive home with my dodgy cup holder.

The thing with my cup holder is that it doesn't hold.. Things including my mascot Yoshi frequently fall out of it so I'm pretty careful to never buy lidless soft drinks.

Damn.

Well too late now.

A couple of years ago, I watched the beginning of this movie called Initial D. It's full of pretty boys and fast cars- and the first scene involved this guy driving his van around mountain bends while balancing an open tofu soup container thing. If he didn't end up spilling a drop- then therefore he was an excellent driver.

Well why couldn't I approach this in the same mentality? The worst that could happen would that I would be covered in orange soda .. and there are I suppose worse things in life right?

And I wasn't going to chuck the can out after a sip so..

I started off slowly, checking on the can worriedly every few minutes or so. And then I went faster. And faster... change lanes, over-take, change lanes.

And then I was hitting speeds of 130 km/h!

The can hadn't even moved.

I zoomed my way home with superb speed and dexterity [If I may say so myself!]

and I hadn't spilled a single drop.

I am the Initial D of Sydney! Waha!

You have no idea how cool I feel. If I was any cooler, they'd have to give me some sort of award for it.

No comments:

 
/>