Thursday, November 25, 2010

Romance is not quite dead but I'm trying.

Ever so slightly something something on Louisiana Lemonade [I think I knocked a drink over with my handbag. Good sign.] I walked past my park thinking that the skyline was unusually pretty tonight. And then I noticed a couple who at first I thought was making out but were just standing ever so close together. He was getting ready to put a ring on her finger.

He was moving it ever so closer to her finger and then he saw me walk past and give him a weary eyebrow.. I might have rolled my eyes back into my head. [Bah humbug, people are going to look if you pick such a public place yeah? Why look at me for anyway? Concentrate on your Mrs.] and he pulled it away.

When I had gotten to sufficiently further enough where I wasn’t in viewing distance anymore, I heard him say ”Will you marry me?” and then she cried “yes!”

I didn’t intentionally try to put a damper on their special moment but forever I think that guy will remember me as ‘That girl in the red shirt who gave me a weary eyebrow before I proposed and so I kind of had to wait for her to walk off so I could really do it.’ Oh, that girl.

I don’t think romance is dead, but I will bat it like a mosquito into space if I see it in front of me. Just for the next few months. Be warned.

No comments:

 
/>