Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Friends and flowers

**Don't ask why I'm excessively blogging. I figure the dam is finally breaking.

Aren't they just ridiculously beautiful? This afternoon I walked out to get lunch with Speedy and when we got to the deli, there they were. Remember 17 posts ago when I said posies were going to make me feel better? Well there are posies and there are these and so I made to go pick them up.

Speedy: What are those for?
Mush: I'm not feeling too good lately so I thought I would get these for myself to make myself feel better.
Speedy: You're going to get them for yourself?
Mush: Yeah? Not pretty?
Speedy: They're great. But who buys flowers for themselves? That's not how it works. Let me get these for you.
Mush: ... .... ....

[We walk outside and my face is buried in them, and I'm on the verge of.. tears]

Mush: Thank you, I feel better. You're a good friend.
Speedy: [grins] You're an expensive friend.

No comments:

 
/>