Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Daisies


From Batesman Bay to Anna Bay and back into the middle. Another 300k epiphany run and I was entering fatigue. More than that my up-beat optimism from yesterday was starting to wear off, and reality was running interference. You know you can’t drive this car forever and ever, at some point you’ll have to get out and deal with this. Really deal with this. Come out of your castle in the clouds Princess, and see things the way they really are.

Alvmah mentioned that very same thing over dinner once. ‘Mush, you don’t run on the same tracks as other people.’ When he saw the look on my face, he added ‘It’s not necessarily a bad thing.’

Tired, frustrated and emotional, and with a million kms til I could get home and crawl into bed, I was bereft. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a flash of yellow and suddenly the Pacific Highway opened up and both sides of the highway were covered in yellow daisies, just big bursts of daisies in stretches. I have never seen anything like it.

A month ago, I was staring out the window into the sunshine and I was dreaming about walking out of work for the day and just taking ourselves and a book and driving to a field of daisies. I mentioned this to him and lamented the lack of daisy fields in greater Australia. We both made futile searches to find one but it was never really mentioned again. I kind of just filed it away as something of a pipe dream.

So when I saw what was going on outside my window [stretches and stretches!] I didn’t really know what to say. SPIRITUAL HIGHER ENTITY, I DON'T GET IT?? Am I supposed to take this as a sign??
I pulled over for a little bit and took it in [but obviously I couldn’t pull over for long because vehicles were whizzing by perilously close to the hired moo cow that I was driving]. It was pretty. But maybe not something you'd like to lay down in.

So I kept on driving, a bit more optimistic than before and I zipped past.. an actual field of daisies. Like a field field. I couldn’t stop because I was in the overtaking lane and people were behind me. There wasn’t going to be a U-turn point for something around 64kms. There was just no way.

I’m just going to take the entire thing as some sort of cosmic joke, well you really are not at work, you didn’t drive to but you did drive past a field of daisies, there’s a book in your bag? It’s like the Higher-ups completely misheard me. I guess I'm glad I kind of found it, actually I don't really know. I don't really know what to think.

No comments:

 
/>