Saturday, August 28, 2010

People that deserve a kick in the nads part #456454

So since my partner has gone overseas, I've had to take over her customer service role while she's been gone. For the most part it's been smooth and then there are occasional periods when I am reminded of how much I hate customer service. Why are there are so many stupid people running around and why are we not extinct yet?? [While I sit here typing this, a teenager down the street is howling like a werewolf. Point]

I wake up to check my work emails, and sitting in my inbox is this ridiculously vitriolic diatribe from this poor sookie-la-la who can't buy tickets.

He can't buy tickets. We're only staffed from Mon-Fri. It's terrible that we can't sit around 24 hours 7 days a week responding to his emails. Our service is appalling. Life is so hard! In the process of reading this, I think my eyes rolled so hard that they could hear it in Mexico [that funny grinding noise heard around the world half an hour ago? That was me.]

Whatever, I have a job to do- so I sucked it up and called him.

Mush: [blah blah blah introduction] I'm sorry but the ticket company has run out of allocations, we're looking at getting it fixed. If there's anything else we can do to help you or anything..

Scott: Well it's not confidence-inspiring. This is the first time I use your site and this is what happens. I don't think I'll use it again.

Mush: Mmm.. [Diddums. What a loss.] Right. Well we'll get technical right on it [on a Saturday morning for you-because you are the centre of the universe] and once again, if there's anything else we can help you with, feel free to call or email us.

Scott: Just out of curiosity, can I ask you something?

Mush: Sure.

Scott: How old are you?

Mush: Thirty two.

Scott: Oh. Because you sound like you're fourteen.

Mush: [I have your email and your mobile phone number boy genius, want to try annoying me some more?] Huh. Odd. Have a good one.

Scott: Bye.

What a waste of phone call and space and air and just ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*head explosion. God, I'm off to sit in the sun and read a book and pretend that the world has no jackasses in it.

No comments:

 
/>