Friday, August 27, 2010

I'm a Romcom Cliche

I don't even watch that many romantic comedies. But I sit here on a Friday night, working alone in the office wondering if I'm supposed to go feed my imaginary cat, when I finish- if I ever finish.

I complained about this to Betty.

Mush: I'm a cliche

Betty: How are you?

Mush: A few months ago, I was Bridget. Hopeless bridget with the disastrous romances and now I'm the other cliche, I'm the lady who works at the office on a Friday night and then goes home to feed her cat. Im sure there's a Reese Witherspoon romcom for that

Betty: Are you also waiting to be rescued?

Mush: Of course not. An errant flower delivery boy is not even going to be able to get into my secure building

Betty: What about an arrogant self opinionated boss that is too hot to pass up a night of giant underwear

Mush: I'd do Hugh Grant. I can't even pretend that I wouldn't.

I guess that means in my heart I'm still Bridget. I'll one day know I've reached adulthood when I pick Mark Darcy over Daniel Cleaver.

No comments:

 
/>