Saturday, August 21, 2010

He was right.

Once upon a time. A long time ago. There were two people viciously fighting during the middle of a break up. The hero of this piece turned to the heroine and said bitterly "You don't know what you're doing, you will never find someone who treats you like me. You want to venture into the big bad world? You have no idea what its like out there. You believe that everyone is good. No-one is good. You are going to get hurt and people will hurt you bad. Go out there and date some. Let me know."

The heroine in her foolish pride hissed right back at him
"I will not be hurt. I will never allow myself to get hurt. I am not one of those girls. I will treat people right and they will treat me right back"

The hero laughed and left the room.

I lay here over a year later thinking that he's right. He was right and I was hopelessly naïve. My heart hurts. It really really hurts.

No comments:

 
/>