Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Holiday Dreams

So I've been made redundant a month into my new job. Thanks Global economic recession!

I'm not as upset as I thought I would be.

I had a dream... that I would take a vacation to here.



And sit on the beach and read a book.

Or here. Where I would sit in a cafe and just people watch. [God, I miss that place so much my bones ache from it]



Anyway I thought it would be a good time before I threw myself back into house hunting and job hunting.

It was not to be so. Vague notions of palm trees were making me dizzy.

Ring ring.
Hello?
Hey Mush, can you please work on the public holiday?
What. Sure. What.

Afterwards Dylmah turns up on msn and demands that I take that day off.
What why?
It's the day after my birthday! Tell your supe you can't work! I've bagsed that day!
What. Sure. What.


The cocktails and books were starting to disperse before my eyes.


And then I mention to Campbell that I'm thinking about disappearing and her words were "Just wait til I've finished uni"
And this is where I start to get the shits.
What.
"We can play when I finish uni"

I can no longer see anything next week but Twilight essays, serving coffee to shitty customers and dragging drunk boy home on two hours of sleep.

And then my mum calls.

Ring ring.
Hullo?
Hullo.
We've started an account for you to buy a house, so we're saving for you and we hope that you're saving too.
[Fuck. The guilt, it is killing me!]
Ok mum, I'll be more careful with my money.
Don't forget your stepdad's birthday next week!

Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck. And poof. Just like that it's all gone. A mirage of myself on a blanket at St Kilda beach.

No comments:

 
/>