Thursday, May 08, 2008

Talking with the ghost at work.

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but there is a ghost in the lift at work. According to my fellow bartenders/waiters/hired help- he likes to randomly open the doors of the lift and turn the dishwasher on and off. One girl even described how 'eerie' the lift is.

According to work legend, an elderly man died in the theatre next door and from now, he chooses to haunt the lift.

"Err.. Why would you haunt a lift when you can haunt a theatre? In the theatre you can play with trapdoors/ remove people's wigs/ play with the lighting/eat popcorn"
She just looked at me solemnly "Because thats where he wants to be"

So anyway I didn't find him too scary, sometimes it was minorly irritating when the lift would "bing!" and you would look up and there would be no-one there.

The other thing I'm always conscious of, is that the lift is quite small so when I'm taking the bins down or the food trolley I'm always hoping that I'm not stepping IN him. According to the movies The Grudge and The Eye, ghosts like to stand in the back of lifts and make faces at you - I don't know if that's true but it keeps me from standing in the back of the lift.

So last night, I was stacking glassware when I heard the lift go "bing!" and I looked up and of course, there was no-one there, but the doors remained open. So I stood there and waited for it to close.

..
..
..

Apparently you shouldn't whistle at night time because its like speaking to the dead, well how else was I going to get the door closed.. I wasn't going to stand there all night waiting for it.

..

So I whistled. A jaunty little "woo-woo!"

..

"Bing!" The doors closed!

Am I amazing or what? I can communicate with ghosts!

No comments:

 
/>