Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sometimes you just have to refrain from the jokes

So I have this friend called Mystic Meg. We are calling her this because 1) I'm playing altogether too much Phoenix Wright on the ds and 2) She is the believe-iest person I have ever met* She tells fortunes, sees psychics and not in the light hearted way. That girl is into that stuff. She doesn't really joke about it, and sometimes I have trouble not joking about it. Observe.

---

Over a lunch of chicken foot salad [for real] and tomato sea snail vermicelli [also for real]

Mm: So I went to see this group of psychics and one of them was just staring at me!

Me: Why?

Mm: Well I went to ask her and she said "You're an angel."

Me: An angel? What?

Mm: Well not exactly an angel. But more like a pixie.

Me: You're a pixie.

Mm: Thats what she said! I have a bright light around me.

Me: Chicks, you're not a pixie.

Mystic Meg then looks at me like I stepped on a baby or something.

Sigh.

So introducing Mystic Meg! The only person I know who knows what epsom salts really do [truly, I thought they woke people up from fainting but actually you use them to bathe. See? you do learn stuff on this blog. Occasionally] It makes life more fun and more interesting to have friends who have varied interests .. No I'm not harping on you, my fifteen medi-science friends.

* She officially trumped Lovey who once told the people at work that her psychic said that her children were angels who hadn't been born yet. But that once they relinquished angel status then they would be coming down her fallopian tubes. I didn't know what to say to this. This really mean girl said openly to her face that it was ridiculous. And.. not good form ok? Upsetting people is bad. Upsetting nice people is extra bad. Don't do it.

No comments:

 
/>