Friday, June 18, 2010

Soulja Boy haters

So over the years when guys [and only guys for some reason] have flipped through my iPod, they don't usually complain about my taste in music. That is until they notice that I have Crank Dat by Soulja Boy in there and then everyone gets all weird and judgemental-ly

Examples of various comments throughout the years include:

"I cannot believe you have this song, I have lost all respect for you."

"Why do you have this song? It's the stupidest song ever."

And um.. my only response to that can be... "yoooooh!" and a rapid flailing of the arms which only leads them to look at me like I'm mental.

I really do not get the hate for the song so I went looking for answers, the best response that I could find was "It's the gangstas version of the macarena."

The most disgusting response I found was " some guy (Soulja Boy) whacks off onto a girls back when she's sleeping, and sticks a bed sheet to her back, and it sticks, hence SUPERMANN!"

Annnnnd.. his words, not mine. [Do people really think like that? No wait, do people really do that? And if people do things like that, I never ever once told you how much I appreciate my cloistered world in all its cloisteredness]

And yet, it's catchy and puerile and I love it. And when it comes up on shuffle, it's all I can do to not get up from my chair and break out into a little dance.

If you see a blonde and an asian girl rocking out to Crank Dat in a Ford Festiva in the inner suburbs of Sydney, you should totally beep and give us a wave, because that's me and Campbell. Getting our ghetto on.

Of course, haters need not apply, but you're free to give us some wicked glares but we'll ignore you and then turn it up a little louder or as Soulja boy says "Hayters get mad 'cause, I got me some bathing apes!" [Yeah that doesn't make sense, but none of the song does! Just dance to it, you know you want to.]

No comments:

 
/>