Tuesday, June 22, 2010

And Ta-da!

New layout!

I'm seriously spending more time working on banners and things than I am on actually writing, but I hate hate haaated the old banner. I don't know what possessed me. I was clearly high on metho when I created it.


For one thing, I am brownist. I despise the colour brown. If I could erase the world of the colour brown, I would totally wave my wand and do it.
Secondly, the more I look at it, the more the arrows seem to be really really askew and not in a deliberate askew way but more like the designer had blurry contacts-askew. It's beyond distracting. Where the heck are people supposed to look? [Yes, I'm asking myself.]

Lastly, there's no concept behind it which is probably why it's come out looking like a bunch of random objects pasted together.

Alright, not my finest moment as a designer. It's not going in my portfolio.

On the plus side I like the font. I might use it again one day. Hmm.

I however really really like my new banner. I'm proud of how stylin' it is. It has a dimension which the others didn't have [Thanks transparency and gradients!] I think I'll keep it for a little while.

Which reminds me I really should go and do a basic html or php course so my playing is not just playing.

The good thing about design is that you have total control of everything and how it turns out. When life twirls out of your hands, it's just therapeutic to sit down and tweak everything to just the way you like it. There's a certain comfort in it. And as a bonus, it allows me to ignore the phone for a little while longer.

No comments:

 
/>