Thursday, June 17, 2010

More bits and pieces

"If it's love
And we decide that it's forever
No one else could do it better

If it's love
And we're two birds of a feather
Then the rest is just whenever"
- If it's love- Train
[I thought I would keep it upside down, the way it was originally taken, captured in posterity forever upside down.]

I'm feeling remarkably upbeat lately, I don't know why but the future seems really bright. Of course I'm not Pollyanna and I have bad/mopey/fat moments but I feel like I've wasted so much time that there's no point not looking forward. So I've been busy like a nut recently and not doing much blogging, writing or any analysing at all [which I figure would explain why my dreams have turned into these insane Dali Lynch paintings].

I had my first manual driving lesson the other day! I don't think I'm very great but I can drive round and round in circles on 1st and 2nd gear, and as I was concentrating very hard [clutch, accelerate, clutch, brake ] Mountain Guy turns to me and says "I really envy your life".

This was probably not the right thing to say to me as I was careening down a one way strip down a mountain. "What?"

"You have a great life. You live in a nice suburb, you have flexibility to move in your job, everything is good." He looks at me. "In three years, I'll work towards it and I will have a lifestyle like yours."

I didn't know what to say, I just shook my head.

--

I do have a nice life. I have family and friends who I love and [mostly] love me back. I don't have much responsibility to anyone or anything. I can eat gummi bears for dinner and I can turn the music up as loud as I want. I don't have much money, but I get to eat out when I choose to. I do live in a millionaires suburb, but if you're ok to live in a 5x5 studio then you can too.

I like my life, but I don't think it's anything particularly different from the way that any other young professional lives. I really puzzle about the way I come off to people that I don't really know very well.

--

So as well as the manual driving thing, I'm also going to a Grease dancing workshop [oh Sandy!] and apparently a soccer skills course with Coconat.

I mentioned the soccer skills course to Alv

Alv: What? Why? wtf.
Mush: I'm on a self improvement kick!
Alv: What the heck is it with girls and self-improvement?
Mush:.. what do you mean..?
Alv: You know that someone [ie. a guy] should like you just the way you are.
Mush: I'm not doing it for a guy?! I'm doing it for me
[Good thing, this was over skype otherwise I would have walloped him with my handbag. Way to go to ruffle my feminist feathers in a single swoop]

--

Last Sunday I was standing at the ATM when I bumped into Alphabeta, I still don't know how I feel about it. I'll write a post about it when I figure out what these weird emotions are.

--

I'm watching the soccer as I type this [Argentina vs South Korea]. It's really strange to see that the sun is shining on the other side of the world.

No comments:

 
/>