Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Beyonce's Why don't you love me?



Tell me Baby why don't you love me? When I make me so damn easy to love.

Oh, Beyonce. No worries, I love you and I am in love with this song and I pledge my soul to the sheer awesomeness of this videoclip.

The cinematography - and well done on the editing.
Such a funny satirical take on gender roles
Beyonce blowing smoke out her nose
She's constantly spilling her vodka out of her highball when she's gesturing! Little details.
Trying to fix the car, giving up and going back inside. All done with a little kneeflip.
If the video is in chronological order, she's just continuously hanging up on him and throwing the phone down!
The costuming.. mmm.. she looks amazing.
And the song.. oh, the song.. Takes what could possibly be a pathetic song sung by anyone else and just fills it with anger and pathos. [Please if there is a God, you'll have Beth Ditto cover it. Just once. Thank you.]

You can't see me but I've perfected that little back shimmy as well. It's a signature dance move in the making.

[By the way, that is totally my post-outing Friday night look, mascara running everywhere, yelling down the phone, highball in hand slumped on the floor. No-one else does that? ok.]

No comments:

 
/>