Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Chopsticks in my car.


In the boot of my car I have
  • a picnic blanket
  • a rice cooker
  • a basket full of sheets
  • a magic eight ball [er, in case I can't decide where to go]
  • a literal sack full of assorted items including sticky tape, oil face wipes and a rubber duckie
  • a luggage suitcase full of year 10 textbooks
  • an umbrella
In the backseat of my car I have
  • a copy of Marie Claire [never-read. Hmm.]
  • a sketch journal
  • a pair of mickey mouse gloves
  • a scarf
  • DVDs including Season 1 of My name is Earl, Season 1 of Gossip Girl and a copy of Up
  • a portable vacuum cleaner
  • the biggest Hello Kitty head pillow.ever
  • annnnd. a pair of takeway chopsticks.
So out of all these things that people choose to mess around with and rummage around in- the first thing they always comment on is the chopsticks. Why oh why do you have a pair of chopsticks in the backseat of your car? And I always reply alternately

"I'm digging my way to China."
"Chuck Norris gave them to me. Anything by Chuck Norris is a gift. "
" Those are not actual chopsticks, you're just imagining them."

In any case, why not keep a pair right? you know for fishing things out of cracks and poking rude hitchhikers in the eye when needed.

But seriously, you don't know how happy I was that I could run downstairs to my car this afternoon, pick up the sticks and eaaat my lunch because the dumb lady forgot to give me cutlery with my takeway.

I'm such a girl scout. Always prepared for anything.

No comments:

 
/>