Sunday, May 09, 2010

Saturdays

"When you've got friends to wish you well,
you'll find a point when you will exhale"
-Shoop shoop (Exhale) - Whitney Houston

Sometimes you don't know miss people til you actually see them. I caught up with my cousins for lunch and I seriously forget how funny they are. We're all programmed with a code of genetic randomness.


Sumo decided she hated my sunnies. So much so that she had to model them. They look better on me. Ha.
I don't have any pictures of my cousin Matty, he decided to grow a really unfortunate goatee and could not be photographed. So no Matty pictures.

It's a bumbag. She was toting a bumbag, please tell me these are not coming back in style. Ever.

After we had coffee, we decided to head off to yum cha because Sumo hadn't been since she broke up with Nathan. "It's like I broke up with yum cha!"

She then went very quiet and said "Breaking up with someone is breaking up with all the little things.." I guess truer words were never spoken.

---

I don't have any idea why they don't allow drinks in that fridge. Weird.

Lunch was a completely raucous affair. I don't mention very much that I love my family a lot but I really do. I don't see my cousins enough.

---

Onto Ms Smith's birthday.


We are wearing the same jacket!


It's not as tall as we thought it was..


He's being elbowed! There was a lot of elbowing since we interrupted a toga party.

I've started a journal so I can stop being emo on this blog. So can everyone please heave a big fat sigh of relief for a break in regular programming.

Which reminds me when exactly am I going to return to my regular consistency of rock hard cynicism and not this doughy tofu thing that I've become?

Last night, Dhana and all that were snickering and gawking at this couple that were leaning in and taking their time to kiss each other. "Oh my God, would you look at that?" and then they all collectively rolled their eyes "Get a room."
".. I uhhh.. well I think it's kind of sweet."
They stopped looking at the couple for a second and all swivelled their eyes on me. Uhm, who are you again and who says that kind of thing out loud?!
Well it was really sweet, and it's just nice to see two people enjoy each others company. Anyway.

And then this morning, Mexicana was telling me how her ex Ippon has fallen in love with a Vietnamese popstar and wants to bring her over here. Mexicana was disgusted, "God, what a car wreck."
But you know? Maybe it is true love and maybe she genuinely wants to be with him and is not using him for a visa.. and.. and..

yeah, ok I'll let you know when I snap out of it, but this whole believing in love thing is kind of nice? I'm feeling optimistic lately. Must be the journal thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is really cool, I like here!

 
/>