Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Pros and cons of another puppy.

While other people around the world are attending parties and passing out on coke and magic mushrooms. I'm sitting here trying to decide if I'm fiscally and emotionally responsible enough to buy another puppy. [Seriously, I'm so boring- I want to be passed out on something or at least snockered on apple schnapps somewhere, but alas my cupboard only carries peach so no wholesale imbibing for me.]

In any case, I'm thinking of getting an new puppy. I've been thinking of it for a while. I went to DoggyRescue, and SB spent so much time dragging his feet that by the time he changed his mind, the doggie I wanted was gone [hopefully to a good home, he deserves it.]

So Mexicana dragged me to another pet store, where I met her..




She is without a doubt freaking adorable.

But of course me being me, cannot buy a puppy without completely overanalysing, reanalysing. second guessing and then coming back to overanalyse some more. [Don't worry, I'm completely neurotic- I can do the same with a pair of shoes. Hours upon hours of hemming and hawing]


Pros:

It'd be nice to have the company, our family could do with some expansion.

I think Minnie could do with a little sister, I'd like Minnie to be less lonely.

Cons:

She is really really really expensive. Shes not kind of expensive. Shes the I-only-have-two-pennies-left expensive.

I'm not happy about giving that much money to a pet store. I'm well aware of the crappy reputation that pet stores have and I'm not really sure I want to contribute to it.

I don't know if I'm emotionally ready for another puppy. I'm even less sure that SB is [feet-dragger].

3 comments:

Marz said...

Oh man! She is fickin' adorable!!!
I have a boxer too, she ain't a puppy anymore & she's brindle.
Good luck with your decision.

Anonymous said...

you're indecisive and a feet dragger now? whatever happened to the mish who went and got herself a nose ring in the middle of the mall and went home that same day to have her mum yell at her...?

Mush said...

Bleah.. well its kind of different with a puppy, a nosering can always fall out [or your mum can make you take it out] but a puppy is for another twelve or so years.

Anyway, it doesn't matter cos both Scotty the Terrier and Rosie the Pugalier are gone, which is what comes from rampant feet dragging.

 
/>