Monday, June 04, 2007

The Rambles of a Weekend

I don't really have the words to describe this weekend. It was eventful yet not, if you asked me if I was busy- I would've said no, but I wasn't really at home every night either! so... [I should dispense with the wiffle waffle I 'm thinking]

Friday Night: Dilmahs Birthday
Saturday Night: SB's parents place.. and a wild detour for a puppy
Sunday Night: A double date at the Tomato Cafe

and of course I was working through the entire weekend. Which was strangely uneventful- I hope thats not a calm before the storm kind of thing, in which I come back next weekend and I'm fired or something.


I'm still waffling. Damn.

Weird Conversation 1#
[On the phone]
Me: Hey Mum, we're at the shops. what should we get for UP's [my stepdads] birthday? I was
thinking a bottle of wine.
Mm: Don't get wine! we have too much wine already!
Me: That really should've occurred to you like a hundred bottles ago.
Mm: ..
Me: So then what does he need?
Mm: Why are you buying a gift so late?? You're supposed to put more thought into it
Me: I did. I thought he would like a bottle of wine.
Mm: I know what you can get him
Me: yes...
Mm: Underwear, go and buy him some underwear from K-mart
Me: uh?wha? sorry? can you repeat that so my therapist can bill me some more????
Mm: He needs underwear, get a six pack from K-Mart
Me: Ma. I'm not buying him underwear and presenting it to him at the dinner table. I also don't want him thinking of me when he wears it *dry retches everywhere
Mm: Well its what he needs

SB in the background starts flailing in laughter.
Me: I have to go, SB is having a seizure.

Weird Conversation 2#
At work I spot a guy with one jean leg tucked into his boot, and one jean leg out. I'm staring at it because it looks something that I would do.
Cute guy: 1950's vintage boot.
Me: Oh, right

Where can I find a boyfriend who knows the origin of his shoes? we can discuss whether he thinks my heels are Audrey Hepburn-esque and whether this weekend we should go shoe shopping, because y'know we need new shoes.....

Onto other things.

Dilmah's Birthday.



The boy is a drunk hugger. Which is of course better than a drunk puncher. I happen to be a drunk arm waver.


The eminent Md


Md and Dilmah's girl




The Great Tomato Cafe Double Date

The thing about the Tomato Cafe is that I'm sort of in love with it. I mean its called the Tomato Cafe and it has these great furniture ideas , like couches instead of chairs, it could be gorgeous and yet its sort of derelict. See?




And the other thing about it is, that the waiter there is a fourteen year old boy. A very nice very cute fourteen year old boy, but hes only a freaking baby. And to top it off he doesn't speak much english. So every time we called him over, he looked stressed. He was sweating and there was only two tables. I felt really sorry for him, I wanted to pat him on the head and send him home. Of course, the others just made fun of him [the bastards]. At any rate, I don't really want to go back because I'm afraid the next time we go, he'll have heart failure and I don't want to really be responsible for his poor mothers grief. Ahem. [Again with the digression]



Theres not that many choices on the menu, I dunno why he's so deep in thought.



I guess that smile means that I'm paying


Its Dakota and her new bf... we'll call him Comic Book Guy... he seems nice enough


I had to crop my chin, It was taking up too much room


Thats my "I'm missing Greys Anatomy" face. See the despair?


And that was my weekend. [And I have still yet to talk about the macarena, or the missing puppies or.. y'know I think I'll save those for a later post]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

md. how very doogie howser of you! p.s i'm glad the photos turned out ok, my poor camera on the other hand, after unforseen circumstances arising from aforementioned friday night's revelry, will be missing in action for 3 weeks...

Mush said...

what happened to your camera?? Omg, is it cos I dropped it??

Anonymous said...

you wouldn't think it, there wasn't a scratch on it or anything. and it's still under warranty, so it's all good. you life is spared for another day, mush ;p

 
/>