Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Hey.... Macarena.

I was an incredibly dorky child. I listened to Hanson, I loved Nick Carter [back before he was a Paris Hilton-beating trainwreck] and I had a bowlcut which never seem to reach past my ears. I wore midriff tops with paint splattered denim cutoffs and if I wanted to 'dress up' I wore a black vest over a turquoise coloured turtleneck. I was the human epitome of uncool.

Anyway fast forward to today, where I'm slightly better but still have this horrifying tendency to lean towards poodle perms. [In fact, I'm currently sporting one thanks very much]

I was at work the other day and they started playing "The Macarena" on the tv [The Los Del Rio version] and I started chanting under my breath to the lyrics, this didn't perturb me much.

I glanced up at the screen, and thought "hmm.. hey if I concentrate sorta hard- I could probably remember the dance moves". I went back to wiping the tables.

And then I took one last look at the screen [wiping tables is boring] and then the *asian dancer came up. Theres this one screen shot where she grins at you all cutesy like and I almost fell over from mortification.

I used to wear that lipstick! I hunted around for that same lipstick because I thought it would make me look good! And now I realise that both you and I looked like jaundice victims chewing hubba bubba. Oh to be young and stupid.

Here you are I'm posting a picture of said asian girl. The colour for some reason is much better in the picture than the actual clip.




And thats what I wanted to emulate when I was twelve. I need to go lay down now.

No comments:

 
/>