Wednesday, March 16, 2011

At this time last year

Last year at this exact time, I received a call "I was just thinking about you, do you want to meet up?" And I felt invincible, like I was standing on a precipice of infinite possibilities.

If I had to say I miss him, I'd say that I miss his boundless enthusiasm, he was positively contagious with it and it was hard to not get caught up in it as well. He was a guy who unapologetically and sincerely loved life. He never went through the motions like the rest of us poor mopes.

I guess I say this because a year feels like such a long time ago and that feeling even longer. It doesn't feel like all of that was a year ago, so much has happened that it seems closer to fifty.

He turns to me and says excitedly "Oh my God! I just saw a shooting star! Over there! Look!". I completely missed it but I'm in my own way still looking for one.

No comments:

 
/>