Tuesday, February 22, 2011

So when I’m right I’m right.

And so she was talking to me the other night about her relationship problems and I was exhausted from a full day of driving and I was not verbalizing properly.

I’m one of those people who always think that they’re right so the more I was trying to explain to her what she was doing wrong, the more frustrated I was getting and thus my usual concise reasonings were coming out as “Purple! Monkey! Dishwasher! ……….. Forget it!”

I could hardly talk and it was all I could do to stop from thumping the table in frustration, caveman style. All of this coupled with my inability to keep her from driving off a cliff into impending doom.

So I just gave up and looked annoyed.

Later on, I had to explain to her that I wasn’t annoyed at her per se, but.. but.. but…Refrigerator! Mushroom! Enunciate!

And she very gently explained to me that these was her mistakes to make. Which is true. But still if I see someone get into a helicopter..I’m still going to say wear a seatbelt right? Right?

So maybe the problem is that I get too involved in my friends lives. I’m quite a good judge of character, and I give good advice but really no-one is going to crown me the relationship queen [maybe before but definitely not now. Yikes.]

And then on the other hand, today I had another friend say to me “You give really good advice and I’m making more of an effort to follow it now because I reallllly should have listened to you before.”

See! She should have listened to me!

“what.. you’re going to start now?”

She started to laugh. “Better late than never!”

No comments:

 
/>