Monday, February 07, 2011

Periodically aggravated

Every once in a while [it's a small world I know] some part of my family will bump into him somewhere and then report back to me about it. If I'm the mood I will just go along with it, and if I'm not in the mood, I feel I'm in the section of Dante's hell where the poor soul is encased in a block of ice. Come 'ere. You're not going anywhere.

H: So I bumped into him.. and he was by himself. He looks single.
M: He looks single. How do you look single?
H: I just feel like he's not with her anymore. He's such a good boy. He's always been such a good boy. And he's always so kind to me!
M: Sure. He's... great.
H: Do you believe in destiny? Do you know some things are just fated to be...
M: .....
Mum: Would you take him back?
M: What are you talking about? No. (much exasperated) You can't go back. There's just no going back. Done. Finito. Basta.
L: But you're getting old. You should be getting worried? You must be a little worried about relationships. Time is running out.
M: !! I. am. not. worried.
L: Why not? You should be.
M: Because I'm not afraid to be alone.
L: Oh**[like it had never occurred to her!]

By the time they were done I felt like I had been waterboarded for 48 hours. Never ever discount Chinese interrogation as a form of torture. And of course, my pissiness manifested itself into shouting. So I shouted at my stepdad and he shouted back at me, and my mum stepped in and tried to shout over us and it was shouting, shouting, shouting.

I'm over him. You'd think my family would be over him too.

No comments:

 
/>