Friday, December 10, 2010

Thanks Google Maps!

When you type 280 George St into Google Maps, it tells you that 280 George St is where A is.
Next to Town Hall, thus across from St Andrew's Cathedral and next to the Police Station.
280 George St is not near any of those places, 280 George St is [and I would think that all you Sydneysiders would get why I'm so mad] is down near Hunter St, close to the Establishment- next to Australia Square Building. That's a good fucking twenty blocks. I've marked the actual location with a little x.

So I was unbelievably late to my meeting [flustered and sweaty is always a good look], I've ruined my heels, and I have something like seven blisters from the experience. I figure I will be limping for the next three days from the looks of things.

When I finally got in, he said to me with a puzzled look "I'm not sure why everyone always thinks that our offices are in Town Hall. You're not the first one." Huh.

Fuck you Google Maps. I say fuck you and my poor feet say fuck you, and just an all round fuck you for dicking people around. And I'm going back to Whereis.. which of course has the right address.



How hard is that? It's only just a major cosmopolitan area! You owe me a new pair of shoes Google Maps but if you gave them to me I would only take them to lob them at your head. /End rant.

No comments:

 
/>