Thursday, December 23, 2010

On the motorbike


Every once in a while, if you can - while you can - you should do something completely spontaneous, random and out of character. So when he said 'I'll take you to see the sunrise on my bike', I just kind of nodded. Oh, what the hell. I don't want to regret never doing this on my death bed [even though, ironically sitting on an unprotected contraption could possibly bring me closer to my death bed anyway].

He blinked. Wow, I didn't think you would agree.

I did not agree to getting up at 4:30.

Seriously sitting on the back of that thing, you start to have really interesting thoughts on the state of your mortality. Namely, you are alive -but it's highly likely that that truck coming round the corner will make you a wee bit dead. Or that car. Any car. A pedestrian. An errant pot hole. Chicken Little.

He kept turning his head to talk to me the entire way [it's kind of funny when your helmets bounce off each other. Wonk. ] and I was feverishly thinking 'eyes on the road! eyes on the road!'
You have to give me credit for not clinging onto him like a deranged koala on my first time.

I'm really glad I did it and its crossed off. But I don't know if I would enthusiastically jump up and down to volunteer for the next ride. I liked it but I'm just not an adrenaline junkie - epiphany 67#.

[On a side note, I may associate motorbikes with death because I grew up watching honkie movies where the protagonist with the motorbike always dies. Thanks for that Andy Lau, I blame you.]

No comments:

 
/>