Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Burning down the house!

I have a really bad case of unpacking guilts. I see all these boxes and clothes and I don't want to touch them! So I look at them and I feel bad because I've never been so messy in my entire life. And thus a vicious cycle of looking and pretending not to see. It's a shame spiral.

Last night I almost burnt down the place. I turned on the stove and I turned on the wrong hotplate. I turned on the hotplate which the ricecooker lid was sitting on.

So I walked back to the kitchen wondering what was taking my kettle so long.

Oh Shit. The plastic handle of the rice cooker has begun to melt. I quickly pulled the melting handle off with the sleeve of my pyjamas and I thought well I guess I can still use the lid without a handle?

Not so.

I turned around and the glass lid exploded.

Shards of glass went everywhere. Luckily none of it into me. For hours afterward I could hear clinking noises of glass popping.

My ricecooker now doesn't have a lid.

I would take a picture but I can't find my camera in this mess of a flat.

No comments:

 
/>