Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Scaring off future tenants. Ten Hail Marys

So I went home early today because I was snuffling all over the office. To come home to wipe up Minnie’s pee [sigh] when all of a sudden this strange lady popped up from nowhere.

Her: Excuse me?

Me: *screams and faints because my body is in a permanent half swoon

She then proceeds to tell me that she’s looking for a place for her son and three kids. I mean she seems like a nice enough person [other than the whole sneaking up on sick people thing] so I do what I think is right. I bitch about the house and the landlord. I point out that the roof is leaking and the broken gate is unsuitable for small children. I top it off with up some Mish-proof passive aggressiveness about how ultimately its up to her. She goes away disgusted with the landlord without even meeting him.

The whole thing left a really horrid aftertaste in my mouth [ I swear its not the strepsils]
Has this whole house thing made me so bitter that I have to ruin it for other people? But then the other side of my brain shrieks "You've saved her! Run lady! Run!"


I wonder how many hail Marys a priest makes you say for scaring off future tenants.

No comments:

 
/>