Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Another ten things post

I thought I would camho to show that I still exist and that my blog hasn't been taken over by the government and that I haven't been run over by a bus- although the photo shows no body so I could very well be a robot or a head on a stick.

I am not going to take a photo of my body so you will just have to take that leap of faith that me is still me.

It's 11:15 at night and waaaay past my bedtime (I am 29 going on 84) but my guilt is keeping me typing.

So very quickly ten thoughts of the last two weeks in no particular order.

- Watching the presidential election map on the NYT cover page was giving me major heartburn. Looking at that middle strip of red made me think that Romney was going to take out the crown. Thank God, he didn't. And when Obama's victory was announced, I had to stop and cry a little.

- I am too lazy to put on nail polish anymore

- There's a mythological Malaysian monster who separates at the neck and flies with her entrails behind her. That isn't scary per se but that is legitimately gross. And I would run simply because I wouldn't want her to flop me with her big intestine.

-Which reminds me. Cabin in the Woods is a great movie. I spent a lot of time afterwards counting monsters on my fingers. Good times.

- George Lucas doesn't look like a greedy guy but his actions sure make him seem that way.  I think you have enough money George.

-I had always thought that Brunei was located in the UAE. I was really wrong.  Why a sultan then? Aren't sultans specific to the Middle Eastern area? What am I missing?

-If you were one of those kids that tried to make money as a kid, chances are you have that entrepreneurial spirit as an adult. You can't really be a successful entrepreneur without one of those stories about you trying to sell off your baseball card collection for money.

-I am 700% more wary about female colleagues of partners than before. It was only just something that I noticed today - not jealous, just wary. The only way to solve that is to a) date a guy who works in a monastery or b) not date at all. It's seriously easier to lean towards the latter.

-Don't walk your dog in the eye of a hurricane even if he really needs to pee. Let him pee indoors if you have to. If you venture out with your partner (!) and your dog into the middle of a natural disaster then yes, an electrical cord is going to snap and set you on fire, leaving your dog an orphan in a puppy pound.

-Next year, I am going to try for Nanowrimo. I am aware that no amount of eye cream will ever make up for it.

Guilt abolished. See you all next week!



No comments:

 
/>