Friday, December 18, 2009

The weather

Since I've been back I'm not handling the heat very well. Well ok, let's be factual- I'm not handling the heat at all- I just came back from a country where I'm supposed to wear a minimum of four layers and a hair flattening beanie. So yesterday the temperature hit forty degrees and I was a mess- my jeans had soaked through with sweat and I was shiny like a cueball. Months of whitening cream dissolved in a ray of sunshine.

Polish smiles at me "Welcome back, only three more months of this to go."

I start spluttering "Are you kidding me? I'm moving back and I'm going to get a rich sugar daddy to put me up in a loft on Park Avenue. If my hair volume needs to be sacrificed under a beanie then so be it!"

She starts laughing thinking I'm kidding. People don't take me seriously enough.

So this morning I wake up to find that it's started raining. Raining in a -oh-Noah-thats-not-a-flood!-This-is-a-flood!- type of way. And it's miserable outside. Aw.. crap.

I guess God thinks this is funny.

No comments:

 
/>