Thursday, December 03, 2009

LA Experience 1#

You know I thought LA would be much weirder and much more plastic-ky than I thought, but clearly I am hanging around the wrong places because LA is just suburbs and freeways and fast food restaurants. Where are all the pretty people?! Why does everybody here drive so badly? Bah.

I say Bah. No freaky deaky stuff.

Well no two, and they both involve giant puppets [giant costumed puppets and I have some sort of mutual connection .. if you may remember Chip [or was it Dale?] dropped my camera].

So when you go to Hollywood Walk, I saw Snoopy! and I was OMFG. Snoopy. I must take a picture with Snoopy. I'm five and a half years old if you haven't figured that out yet. So I went and took a picture with Snoopy and then Snoopy turns to me and says "That's a dollar." Snoopy was charging me! I scrambled around in my wallet and I didn't have anything but a fiver.

"Um... Snoopy.... do you have change?"
"Of course." And he opens the pocket in his paw, and starts counting out ones..
It was surreal.
I was doing a cash transaction with a man in a dirty Snoopy suit. Is that a bit David Lynch or what?

I wandered away sort of dazed and then all of a sudden someone looped their arm around me, I turned around and uhhhh... Spiderman was draped around me.
"Where are you from?"
"I'm from Sydney"
"OH. Do you know Canberra?"
"Yes, It's a giant roundabout."
"I'm from Wagga Wagga."

Ok, I couldn't see his face but I could hear his voice and he clearly was not from Wagga Wagga.
He peers at me [as best as someone in a mask can]
"Do you know Wagga Wagga?"
"Yes."
"hmm..... you're kinda hot."
I undraped him. "Thanks.......... Spiderman."
And I wandered off again. Did I just get hit on my Spiderman??? or an approximation of..?

Only in LA right? Off to Vegas tonight.

No comments:

 
/>