Sunday, November 15, 2009

Do you believe in God and karma?

I was really pissed off with this stupid dinky mazda for parking in two spots, I'd been driving for half an hour looking for car space and I was giving myself a headache from being furious.

So the best solution rather than snapping off their windscreen wipers or giving the car a good kick was to write a note.

A really really angry note. Preferably starting with "Hey. Asshole."

However when I finally parked and started to rummage through my car and my bag, I gave a big fat sigh when I realised I had no pen.

I would just have to deal with lifting their wipers up and hopefully he/she would get the message. It wasn't the 'you have a face like a pizza' that I had planned but it would do.

And then wouldn't you know it, I walked past a pen. A pen just sitting there on a wall with a little halo shining around it [ok, I'm kidding about the halo]

If I haven't talked up my neighbourhood enough these last few months, it's not the kind of suburb where you find random items laying around. Especially pens at eyeline. I wasn't sure if it was some sort of a miracle. Or a sign that God wanted me to write an angry note. Why would God want that right?

And so I dithered around the pen and I called Egg. He said it was a sign and that was good enough for me. While I was talking to him and starting the epistle [which did actually begin with "Hey. Asshole."] a pretty redhead walked past me, she gave me a sideways glance when she saw I wasn't doing anything interesting scribbling away.

A short and sweet note: Hey Asshole. You're a douche. This is a double space. Be more considerate.
Ok, so it's not Shakespeare but it was to the point. I put the pen back on the wall so it could continue on its holy journey.

So I walked down my street holding the note firmly in my clutched hand, sure that God was sending me on some sort of mission when I saw the redhead get into the mazda and drive off.

........... This is the part where I ask God what exactly do you want from me? Why give me a pen to write a note if you don't want me to place a note on the car? This is absurd right? On the other hand if I had not dithered around the pen and went straight for the wipers- the chances of her catching me and putting me into a choke hold would be around 99.99%. So maybe the pen saved my life. What were the chances of her walking past me while I was writing her an angry letter? I can't figure it out.

Just really really odd.

---

Pictures from the weekend.

Our feet. I'm on the left. You can't see but those are seven inch wedges. I really stupidly wore them shopping.

Egg and I were going to go to Sculpture by the Sea. However there were so many people that we decided to go be tourists somewhere else and so we hopped it to Watson's Bay.

Action shots! you know I've never taken one before. I think it turned out pretty good~ considering I look like I dropped out of the sky.




Yes, that's right. I'll be remembered forever in the lighthouse registry with 'Action shots are awesome!'

The road to anywhere.

I couldn't be bothered to photoshop my bags or my regrowth out. So nyeah to you Anna Wintour.

---

"One is the loneliest number
That you'll ever do
Two can be as bad as one
It's the loneliest number since the number one"
One, Aimee Mann.

I've started to inhabit the places that we used to frequent, thinking it's time to see them in a new light but all I see are visions of the two of us holding hands- where we used to sit- what we used to say. I close my eyes and when I open them, I hope that the landscape readjusts accordingly. But it never does.
In my minds eye, I see you leave me in thousands of ways. There are not many places where your shadow doesn't fall. I thought I was ready but I'm not.

No comments:

 
/>