Friday, April 03, 2009

Things that are distracting

So here is a list of things that are taking my mind off things

- My pandora bracelet.
For the first few days wearing it- it constantly plucked out any wrist hair I might have had. It was like it's way of saying "Here I am! Pay attention to me! Me! Me!" and now that I have no more hair on my arm I don't think about it as much. But I still think [quite constantly] about how to prettify the thing. I'm hoping that someone will be kind and offer me a gold charm for it [without having to sell my body for the thing, of course]. I only have two charms on it- a money bag which is my way of telling myself to invest more wisely in people and a fish which is only there because it's so fricking cute.

- My ongoing commitment to being ripped off by any mechanic in a thirty mile radius.
So I've just paid eight hundred dollars for a service two months ago and I was thinking it might be due for a basic service soon. There was no way I was taking it back to Terry Ryan's in Ryde. Sorry guys but charging six hundred for labour makes you complete asshats. Anyway. I took it to Midas in Chatswood and I called beforehand and asked for a quote [like the smart cookie I am right?]

Me: I'm bringing my car in for a service. How much?
Mechanic: [bored voice] five hundred and seventy dollars.
Me: EXCUSE ME? I'm asking for a basic service not a new car.
Mechanic: Oh. a hundred and twenty.
Me: A hundred and twenty? you're sure a hundred and twenty? Can I have your name and id number and birthdate please?

So I brought it in and I asked suspiciously "one twenty right? thats not one hundred and twenty thousand? no extra zeroes?". They said no ma'am! And I happily went off to buy a book and six new shirts.
At two o clock- I got the call. I should have known.
Mechanic: Mush? We've looked in your car and you need a new radiator. And new brakes.
Me: what. I just got my car serviced. What are you talking about?
Mechanic asshat: your radiator is cracked, you need a new one. Oh, and new brakes.
Me: Uh huh. And how come my radiator is cracked?
Mechanic: I dunno. Let's see. The radiator by itself will cost five hundred dollars... you need to replace the brakes.. which needs to replaced in pairs which is three hundred each so that comes to ... well over one thousand dollars.

At this point of the conversation I could see these mechanics stomping on my radiator and cutting my brake lines to make themselves a little profit.
From a distant land I heard myself say: change the radiator. Leave the brakes.
And then he chuckled: Yeah, it might be better to spread the load around not so heavy on the wallet.
There. my ongoing commitment to keeping these assholes as happy as pigs in shit. I have had not much experience with lawyers but if it's anything like being ripped off by a mechanic- I would happily drive a boatload of them into the sea. Seriously, is there an honest mechanic out there??

-My hair.
When I have pics I will post them up. If it acts like Sadako, and it looks like Sadako.. then it is.. Mush?

-Carnivale Season 2.
Three years late to the party but at least I'm finally there! Decapitations! Incest! Visual proof that ferris wheels are dangerous!

Things that are not so much taking my mind off things:

-Wedding expo.
UM.. I am very happy that you are getting married. But I don't want to go?! I don't want to see you picking out the icing on your cake, trying on pretty dresses and generally swanning over adorable girly things which I will not see [personally] for a good 'nother four years?! Seriously I don't want to see happy couple future things at the moment I would rather stay at home and twiddle my thumbs. rhythmically. Ask me again in six months ok? I'd be happy to go with you in six months. Not now.

-Furniture shopping.
This too. Stop it. You're killing me.

-My phone.
I've designated an entire room to keeping my phone away from me. This way I won't have to think about possible job callbacks, eviction notices, irate supervisors and wayward boy phone calls. If it's in the same room as me there's a good chance I'll stare at it so hard that the battery starts to melt. This way I can concentrate on eating a sandwich or breathing in a normal humanly fashion. Only now that I've run of credit I have to keep it with me at all times, it's interfering with my ability to do normal things- jhdjghjfghel.

No comments:

 
/>