Sunday, April 19, 2009

Gen Y @ work

"Some employers are concerned that the members of Millennials have too great expectations from the workplace and desire to shape their jobs to fit their lives rather than adapt their lives to the workplace"- Gen Y on Wiki

ok so first congratulate me because I have a new job! woohoo!

The problem is.. and it has a number of teeny tiny problems... it pays less than my actual rent [which is low, low, low...] and secondly well it's not really my type of job. Hell, we'll say it loud. I am not built for car marketing I am more built for illustration and girly girly things.

So in my head before I've started this job- I've kind of already left it. Ahahaha. Seriously in my idea of longterm planning I'm thinking max a year and then I am vamoose to someone who can pay me better. Please buy my loyalty. It works.

Someone said that to me today- "stay for three months and then leave!" and I said "Really?? That's such a gen Y thing to do" and then I clamped my hand over my mouth and slapped myself all over the head several times.

Sb's friends used to tease me about being a gen Y all the time. But I am not ashamed! I am a face-booking, blogging, media culture-whoring, attention seeking, multi-lingual gen Y! You can buy my attention with shiny objects and whats wrong with that?? and anyway there's 71 million of us- we will eventually rule the world so stop being so pissy you cranky baby boomers [you're just mad that you can't work an iphone. Nehh.]

No comments:

 
/>