Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Conversations about nothing


"I think she hates me deep down
I know she does
She wants to erase me
hmmmmmmmmm"
-Erase Me Kid Cudi

I've been dancing around my living room to Erase Me for something like six months. It's what we would call an unhealthy obsession. So at the house party the other day, imagine my delight when this song started to play over the stereo. And then the host started to bust-a-move to it. He had these cool foot swivels going on and he started gyrating.

It was kind of all I could do to keep from squealing like a stuck princess.

Did I mention I'm refraining from total contact with the male species this year? And especially male species of the hipster variety? Well I'm not breaking that two weeks in. Come on, I can hold tight better than that.

So I gulped, gripped the sides of the couch and said very casually. "Cool song."
He smiled "Isn't it?"
Ha. See I'm not the kind of girl who would throw herself at someone just because they got down to one of her favourite songs. I totally am. But I didn't. Does that make me easy?

--

Matty: I'm buying a car!
Mush: What are you buying?
Matty: A Toyota Corolla.
Mush: ........................................ Are you planning on starting a family?
Matty: Haha! No! It's for dating.
Mush: Dating. You need to think about this more carefully. You're not going to impress anyone with your Corolla unless they have kids.
Matty: When they see my Corolla, they'll think I'm stable and responsible. It sends the message that I'll sleep with them but I won't cheat.
Mush: I concede your point.

--

I was having yum cha with my parents, when the trolley lady stopped to offer dumplings to the table. I think she vaguely knew my stepdad and she began to make conversation with him about I can't-remember-what. The weather I think. And then she noticed me [although seriously I don't think she could of really missed me because I was in bright red -you could probably have spotted me from space today]
She turns to him and says: Is this your daughter?
He smiles and says: Yup
TL: Wah! She's so grown up! And you're so young!
Mush: I'm so grown up?
Stepdad: I have an older son too.
TL: Seriously? But you are not that old?
Mum: [joking] He got married in his teens and had them in his teens. Also [gesturing to me] she's only twenty.
Mush: I'm twenty?
TL: Wow. Even though she's twenty, you still had them really young. She's so grown up! [shaking her head, walks off]

Mush: What was that?? Why do I feel insulted by that entire conversation??
My stepdad just smiled and looked proud. What the heck.

No comments:

 
/>