Tuesday, July 13, 2010

An email proposal

Mush: Hello --- company, Mush speaking.
Ass: Hello this is John, I'm calling on behalf of Empowered Direct, I'd like to talk to your marketing manager.
Mush: Sorry, what is this regarding?
Ass: It's about forming a collaboration via email marketing [takes on a tone which implies I neither know what email or marketing is.]
Mush: [very coolly] we already have an email marketing company, thanks very much.
Ass: Put me through to your marketing manager.
Mush: I. am. the. marketing. manager.
Ass: Oh. I'm sorry. [starts backtracking through the forest..] as I was saying.. we're an email marketing company.. and your competitors have used us in the past...
Mush: In the past.
Ass: And we've done very good for them.
Mush: Uh huh.
Ass: I understand what you were trying to saying before, but I have a proposal..
Mush: Right. Sure, shoot me through an email
[Good luck with that, I hope your proposal likes sitting in spam!]

No comments:

 
/>