Thursday, March 04, 2010

Dinner! and talking to myself

Normally our conversations range from Australian Idol to potatoes, but no-one said anything, because we were just way too busy eating. You see my uncle Andrew is practicing to be a chef. Late career change.

Seafood Pasta baby!

Wagyu Thai Beef Chilli Salad ..mm..


My latest acquisition! Swarovski crystals with Onyx stones. The colour didn't turn out right but the crystals are actually a muted bronze. Actually this photo is so un-bling that it doesn't do it justice. I had to take off my Pandora because it was getting ridiculously heavy.


Must camwhore with giant mirror... can't resist... It's probably a good thing I don't have a giant mirror at home. Nothing would get done. Which reminds me I should vacuum.

It really is good to have dinner with loved ones

Which segues into this..

---
I work at a Chinese workplace, where everyone talks Chinese [specifically mandarin] 24/7. Everyone except me and Egg2. Poor blonde Egg2. Now I like Egg2 and he's a very nice guy but he sits diagonally behind me so if I want to to talk to him, I have to do some major acrobatic back twisting. Secondly, his favourite topics are sex and hating on the company, neither of which I want to talk about out loud while doing back calisthenics.

So I pop in my headphones and listen to Florence and the Machine for give or take eight hours, if I remove them I can hear 'rahrahrahrahlahllahlahmahmahmahnini.. ..ah' in Mandarin. So for eight hours a day I don't talk to anyone and then I go home to my little studio and there's no party there either so I can literally go for twenty four hours without talking to anyone.

There are two problems with this:
1) I am starting to talk to myself from lack of interaction. Not serious conversations about the meaning of life and whatnot.
But more like: "Do you feel like ice cream today Mush?"
"Of course, I do."
I figure I'm not going mad but I'm getting there.

2) It's making me highly susceptible to otherwise innocuous talk [which I would ordinarily ignore under ordinary circumstances], I picked up the phone to answer some customer issue and as I went to pass the phone to someone else, the customer said
"You're very nice, I like talking to you!"
Heck, I was flattered. I thought about it for longer than ten minutes! [Ironically, I had only talked to the customer for two.] Is this weird? How long has it been since I've talked to someone much less received a [genuine] compliment. I need to get out more or I need to start having more dinner with my parents or I need a new job. Probably the new job thing.

No comments:

 
/>