Monday, September 21, 2009

Mush, her cousin and that arthouse film.

The problems with my friends and not that I don't love them to itty bitty pieces is that I often have trouble finding one to watch an arthouse movie with. It really is difficult when you want to go watch Synedoche and then you get dragged to say... Marley and Me or Wanted. And then if you manage to convince them to watch an out-of-the-way film- you spend a helluva lot of time glancing sideways making sure they're enjoying it and not bored out of their skulls.

I guess that's a plus to having a boyfriend- they have to sit through all of the bizarre films that you make them watch without [very much] complaint. I guess now is the time to say I actually find all of Wong Kar Wai's movies really boring. *Ducks* And SB, if you're reading this- I'm sorry that I made you sit through all of them, including and especially2046.

Anyway I totally digress.

So I had my eye out on the new Lars Von Trier movie The Antichrist and just judging by the trailer I figured the chances of me seeing it with anyone I knew were less than three percent.




Right? Right.

However my cousin Matty just flew home from London and I knew I had my victim.

Mush: I really wanna see The Antichrist! Lars Von Trier! Genital mutilation! Willem Dafoe and ass!

Matty: Oh, I heard about that. Er, no.

Mush: Please? please?

Matty: Oh ok. What the heck- I'm desensitised to that kind of thing.

Mush:Yay! On second thoughts, are you sure you want to see it with me? Is it the type of movie that you see with your cousin?

Matty: [starts to laugh] it probably is not the type of movie that you see with your cousin!

Anyway hooray! I found someone who wants to see it with me! That's like gold dust! I should buy a lotto ticket. I think I'm going to do a little dance- the first dance in the history of the world for a Von Trier movie.

[** Its not at the cinemas yet. Boo. But I'll keep you posted]

No comments:

 
/>