Monday, March 04, 2013

Well I'm binning *that* career option

I follow a few blogs - mostly Asian lifestyle ones and I normally read them and think:

"God, I would not mind being paid to write, to put on makeup, to go on holiday and record what I ate for dinner."

That really does sound like the life to me (yes, I know. I'm not aiming very high.)

 And then I bumped into a forum called Guru Gossip (not linking to it- sorrynotsorry)and it's essentially a forum where girls tear on girls.  More specifically it's a dumping ground for forum readers to rip female bloggers to shreds.

Absolutely everything is up for claw-swiping dissection. How often you wash your hair, whether you've photoshopped your last picture, how ugly you used to look, how ugly you look now, eyes are too big, eyes are too small, your makeup is not in fashion, your voice is annoying, you've switched jobs more than once.. I think you get the idea.

All of the stereotypes on girls being their own worst enemy brought to life- although I haven't seen the word slut yet. Which is nice.

And suddenly being a lifestyle blogger doesn't sound so appealing to me. I'm never 100% happy with my appearance, it's true. But I don't need it to be magnified with people telling me they hate my teeth or something and I don't need you to tell me that the last thing I wrote was really dumb. I imagine that if I had to deal with that kind of criticism every day, I would spend a lot of time writing from under my bed.

 So I guess I will keeps my posts untagged and keep doing things which are bad for SEO and be happy with the small amount of hits I have. Go your good self, little blog.

No comments:

 
/>